what's your middle name?

Someone once told me that you should try to learn something new every day.
With this in mind, each day of 2012 I will try to discover the middle name of someone I do not know.
This blog charts my progress.
Richard M. Crawley


Saturday 25 February 2012

Joy

Enquiring about joining fees at my local swimming pool, the lady behind the counter has a friendly customer service smile.  Her white shirt is neatly buttoned and ironed and she wears smart black trousers.  Her braided hair is tied back from her face and her name badge is correctly pinned.  She is helpful about the various possibilities but is unsure as to whether the nearby lido would be included.  I thank her for her help and explain my resolution.  'Is it really?' she asks, looking pleased to be asked, 'I don't have one but would you like me to tell you my daughter's?'  I say that would be much appreciated.  She tells me and I ask if there was a reason why she chose the name.  'My husband is quite a lot older than me', she explains, 'so my daughter's birth was a very joyful thing'.  Her daughter is now two years-old.

An hour later she calls to tell me that the lido could be included at an extra cost of four pounds a month.  I thank her very much for her diligence and say I will think about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment